Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the name of site of MSTC for purchase of coal?
|Ans. Name of the site is www.mstcecommerce.com|
2. How to get registered with MSTC for purchase of coal?
|Ans. (i) Log on to our website at www.mstcecommerce.com|
|The Registration fee is: In order to participate in our on-line e-auctions, you are requested to pay a non-refundable registration fee of Rs. 2,000/-(Rupees two thousand only)+ service tax @ 12.36 % . Your login will be activated with a validity upto 2nd. April’ 2014.|
|The above documents and the registration fee can be submitted at any of our offices in India whose address is available on the website itself. Copies of the documents to be submitted should be attested by a Gazetted Officer or a Public Notary or the original documents should be produced for verification.|
|On submission of documents your account will be activated and you will be issued a ‘Photo Identity Card’.|
3. Is their any free site for intended bidder/customer customers for purchase of coal?
Ans. Yes, our site www.mstcindia.co.in is a free site containing all relevant details related to our company including information’s about coal auctions. However auction is not conducted on this site.
4. How to login?
Ans. Please follow the following steps:
Step 1. visit our site www.mstcecommerce.com
Step 2. Click on the link e-Auction.
Step 3. Click on Coal auction.
Step 4. Enter your user Id and password
Step 5. Select as a buyer.
Step 6. Press the login button provided on the page.
5. After getting registered with MSTC, when can I receive the user id and password?
Ans. MSTC will never provide customer user id and password. The customer during registration has to submit a form online, the form has a field named ‘Preferred User Id’ and ‘password’, which are provided by customer. In short, we would like to say that whosoever fills the form online provides the user Id and password and knows the same.
6. In case I forget my password how to retrieve my password?
Ans. Please follow the given steps:
Step 1. visit our site www.mstcecommerce.com
Step 2. Click on the link e-Auction.
Step 3. Click on Coal auction.
Step 4. clik on the link ‘Forget Password’
Step 5. Select type as buyer from the drop down list, provide User Id, e-mail, PAN No. and bank detail, as per our record.
The password will be send to your e-mail address by the system automatically.
7. What are the renewal fee and registration charge?
Ans.The Registration/renewal fee is : (i) Rs.2000/- In addition Service Tax @12% and Educational CESS @3% shall be payable on the registration fee.
8. How do I know whether my validity is about to expire?
Step 1. login into our site www.mstcecommerce.com/coalauctionhome
Step 2. click on the link ‘Buyer Profile’.
A message pops up when ever a customer login into our site www.mstcecommerce.com indicating days remaining before the validity expires. The message appears only when validity left for the expiry is less or equal to 30 days.
9. How can I change my user id?
Ans. Each customer is having a unique user id which can never be changed.
10. EMD should be drawn in what name?
Ans. Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of ‘MSTC LIMITED EMD COAL - Name of the bidder’ payable at Kolkata along with a Bank Debit Advice
11. Can we deposit the EMD online?
Ans. Yes, EMD can be deposited by customer online.
A customer can deposit EMD by the following ways.
A). By depositing a Demand draft in any of the offices of MSTC.
B). Through e-payment: It gives us immense pleasure to inform you that e-banking facility for submission of EMD for coal auctions has already been launched. MSTC has tied up with HDFC Bank to provide you with this facility. Now, you can simply log on to our auction website: www.mstcecommerce.com/coalauctionhome using your userid and password and transfer the desired amount towards EMD with the help of net banking facility extended by HDFC banks. You only need to have an account with HDFC banks and register with them for net banking facility.
You may please follow the steps given below to transfer money as EMD to MSTC’s account.
1. Log onto our website www.mstcecommerce.com/coalauctionhome using your user id and password.
2. Click on Coal EMD ePayment.
3. Click on the button e-Pay.
4. In the next page, the EMD rate chart and a calculator has been provided for your convenience. Now put the amount in the space provided and select HDFC bank to transfer EMD amount.
5. You shall now be redirected to the website of HDFC bank.
6. Using your Corporate user id, login id and password you can transfer the desired amount to MSTC's account.
C). Customer can deposit DD/PO drawn on HDFC Bank in any CMS branch of HDFC Bank at least Two Working Days before e-auction date in which you intend to participate, along with duly filled in pay -in-slip (CMS Deposit Slip). MPQ will be allotted only on receipt of confirmation / MIS from HDFC Bank.
In the CMS deposit slip the client code should be “MSTCCOAL” if the PO is drawn on HDFC Bank.
For PO drawn on any bank other than HDFC Bank, the client code should be “MSTCDD”.
Don’t forget the mention your MSTC buyer number & Company name in the CMS deposit slip in the drawee column.
D). Customer can also deposit EMD through RTGS. For detail please visit http://www.mstcindia.co.in/MSTC_Static_Pages/Coal/
12. Can we deposit the renewal fee online?
Ans. No, renewal fee can to be submitted in any of the offices of MSTC by way of DD/PO. The DD/PO should be drawn in favour of ‘MSTC LIMITED’ payable at kolkata.
13. How do I know the date and start time of e-auction being held on your website?
Ans. You can either logon to www.mstcecommerce.com and then view under the link ‘View Forthcoming e-Auctions or you can visit our corporate website www.mstcindia.co.in , click on “Upcomming Event” Link then click on link ‘Coal e-Auctions’ and then check the schedule of Spot e-Auctions for the month from there. We also inform all the registered coal buyers through email whenever a new e-auction is hoisted on our website. You can also register yourself with us for getting regular SMS Alerts on your mobile number for forthcoming e-auctions.
14. How do I know the changes in auction (like change of quantity, change in time of auction, deletion of colliery etc.)?
Ans. Necessary changes in auctions are intimated to the registered customers through E-mail as well as SMS. The changes can also be viewed through customers login.
15. Can EMD be transferred from one account to another account?
Ans. No. Each registration is treated as separate account.
16. Whether registration/renewal fee can be adjusted from balance EMD of the customer?
17. How do I know whether I have been allotted coal in an auction?
Ans. All the successful buyers will be intimated about the allotment of coal through Sale Intimation Letter after the completion of an e-auction. A copy of the same will also be available under e-Auction Status on your Home page.
18. Do I need to deposit EMD separately for each subsidiary of coal India?
Ans. The EMD deposited by customer is global EMD. The customer can participate in any of the coal auctions made available into their login.
19. How do I participate / bid in an e-auction?
Ans. Please follow the procedure given below:
1) Only those customers registered with www.mstcecommerce.com as a buyer of coal shall be eligible to participate in e-Auction of coal.
2) The e-Auction shall be open for a period of TWO hours only.
3) The rate of EMD per MT of coal is as follows.
FOR CIL and its subsidiaries: Earnest Money Deposit (EMD) is at the rate of Rs.500/- per tonne for GCV more than 4300 Kcal [G1 TO G10] and Rs.400/- per tonne for GCV of 4300 Kcal and below [G11-BELOW].
FOR Singareni Collieries Company Limited. : Earnest Money Deposit (EMD) is at the rate of Rs.500/- per tonne of coal for grade 'G11' and above and Rs. 400/- for tonne of coal of grade 'G12' and below, Washery grade slurry and Washery grades rejects with the Service Provider for participation in e-auction.
4) Minimum Bid quantity through road mode will be 50 MT (for Singareni Collieries Company Limited minimum quantity is 51 MT) and for rail mode it will be 1 Rake.
5) A bidder can bid for any quantity, up to the offered quantity from any particular source for auction provided he has submitted requisite EMD. There is no restriction on maximum quantity that one can bid.
6) For a given source, a customer can increase his bid any no. of times.
7) The bidding will start from Reserve Price specified against each source. The bidder will have to quote a price equal to or higher than the Reserve Price or that source to secure consideration in the concerned e-auction.
8) Prior to scheduled start time of an auction, the auction catalogue will be available under the link ' Forthcoming Auction'
9) If any bid is received during the last 5 minutes before scheduled close of auction for any source, its close time will get automatically extended by 5 minutes from the time of last bid in order to give all the bidders equal chance to revise their bid.
10) Bidding will close for a particular source either at the scheduled close time or till there will be period of 5 minutes in which no bid is recorded for the source, whichever happens later.
11) Coal will be allotted to the H-1 Bidder on the basis of rate, quantity quoted and time of bid in order of preference.
12) The customers will be intimated about the allotment of coal through Sale Intimation Letter after the completion of e-auction. A copy of the same will also be available under e-Auction Status on their Home page. However, it will be the responsibility of the bidder to check his status in an auction.
19. I want to know how much EMD is available in my account with MSTC for coal auction?
Ans. Please logon to www.mstcecommerce.com/coalauctionhome site with your Username and Password. You can either check your e-ledger online or click on the link ‘ My MPQ’.
Please note that the above links are static link which are updated after closing of coal auctions. Therefore if a customer is participating in live coal auction then the current EMD status can been viewed from the live auction floor of an ongoing coal auction.
20. How to apply for refund?
Ans. Please logon to www.mstcecommerce.com/coalauction site with your Username and Password. Click on link ‘ EMD Refund Request’ and enter the amount in Rs to be refunded. Choose the mode of receipt and submit the button ‘Submit request’.
21. In how many days EMD will be refunded from the date of applying?
Ans. Generally EMD refund request is processed within three working days from the date of receipt of request.
22. Can EMD be deposited by RTGS?
Ans. Yes. For detail refer FAQ no. 11 D.
23. Can refund be done through RTGS?
Ans. Yes. For detail please visit our web site http://www.mstcindia.co.in/MSTC_Static_Pages/Coal/EMD_Refund_RTGS_Instructions.htm
24. If I have forgotten to download sale intimation letter and the same has been deleted from my e-mail. How can I obtain the sale intimation Letter?
Ans. In such case, the customer is requested to send e-mail at email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to send fresh sale intimation letter mentioning their MSTC Buyer no and details about the date of auction.
25. What is the procedure for change of contact person?
Ans. The customer is required to submit old I-card issued by the customer, a DD for Rs 1124/- f/o MSTC Limited, payable at kolkata, 2 photo of the new contact person and a signature proof of the contact person.
26. What is the procedure for change of address?
Ans. The customer is required to submit old I-card issued by the customer, a DD for Rs 1124/- f/o MSTC Limited, payable at kolkata, 2 photo of the new contact person and address proof (e.g. Sales Tax certificate, Bank Certifcate, Excise registration certificate, factory license)
27. What is the procedure for change of company name?
Ans. The customer is required to submit old I-card issued by the customer, a DD for Rs 1124/- f/o MSTC Limited, payable at kolkata, 2 photo of the new contact person, Pan card of the Company/Properitor, Sales Tax/VAT/TIN certificate, Fresh certificate of Incorporation issued by ROC (applicable in case of Private LTD/LTD Company).
28. What is the procedure for change of bank details?
Ans. The customer has to produce a certificate issued by bank for change of bank details.
29. Non receipt of SMS or change of mobile number?
Ans. The customer should login into www.mstcecommerce.com/coalauctionhome , click on link ‘ SMS Alert’ and provide their updated mobile no. so as to get regular SMS.
30. From what date the validity of registration of customer will be extended?
Ans. The validity date of customer is extended from the date of expiry of validity.
31. How can I know the name of the customers who are bidding in an auction?
Ans. It is not possible. The identity of the customers bidding is hidden.
32. Once a bid is made can some request for withdrawal of the same?
Ans. No, bid once registered with our server can never be withdrawn.
33. Can a company nominate more than one contact person?
34. Where can I find the details of applicable taxes and duties for purchase of coal from different coal companies?
Ans. In most of the cases the Coal Companies provide details of applicable taxes either in the Terms and Condition of the e-auction or they are provided under the link ‘Statutory Charges’ provided for every coal company on our websites www.mstcecommerce.com as well as www.mstcindia.co.in.
35. On which browser can we access mstcecommerce.com web site?
Ans. You are recommended to use Internet explorer version 6 and above.
36. What id transaction password?
Ans. It is a password required at the time of bidding.
37. How to create a transaction password?
Step1. Login in to the web site www.mstcecommerce.com/coalauctionhome with user id and password.
Step2. Click on the link Change your password.
Step3. Choose the option button: transaction password.
Step 4. In the column Old Password [login/transaction] enter your login password.
Step5. In the column new password, you may create your new transaction password.
Step 6. In the column Confirm password, you may type the transaction password entered in step5.
Thus your transaction password in created.
38. In case a customer forgets his transaction password, how can he obtain the same?
Ans. Follow steps provided in FAQ no 37.
39. What digital signature is required to participate in the coal auctions?
Ans. class II and Class III(b) digital signature can be used.